If you love playing softball, you understand how absolutely important is to have one of the best softball bats you can have. The bat is the extent of your body and needs to feel natural in your hands when you’re on the field. It must be compatible with your height and swing and it must fit just right when you’re holding it.
As a player you will change many bats until you will stop at the right one but it is very important to never stop looking. Greatest softball players of all times shined only after they found the bat that fit their needs the best. Just like you are a unique individual, there is a unique bat out there for you.
We can even make a cute analogy: players that are looking for their best softball bats are just like men looking for their soulmates in the big wide world.
Best Softball Bats of All Time Designed in Mind
1. [Fastpitch Bat] DeMarini 2014 Bustos WTDXBFP Fastpitch Softball Bat (-13)
Softball is the game where you won’t get on top without the right stick. The Fastpitch Bustos from DeMarini is one of the best softball bats you could choose for this mission. The bat meets the 1.20 performance factor regulation and is approved for play by ASA.
The Fastpitch Bustos has the following features:
- Fiber Reinforced Composite handles
- Handle and barrel are perfectly matched to create the best launching energy when the bat hits the ball
- The grip is built for ultimate comfort when holding the bat
- Perfect balance
- Fracture toughness for long lasting performance
- Handles made from composite reinforced with fibers material to eliminate the vibrations
- Optimum flexibility obtain by the perfect match between the barrel and handle
- Great grip so the bat sits perfectly in your hands
- Perfect balance and high strength on the hit
- Durability due to anti-fracturing revolutionary system used
This is a great 8U and 10U softball bat. Many users have also confirmed that it almost eliminates the sting when the bat hits the ball thus offering more confidence to the player.
It’s a great bat if your kid shows promising talent for softball and it could help him or her boost the game quality. They don’t even need to put that much power in the swing as the bat does most of the power hit.
Girls absolutely love this bat because it offers them extra confidence on the field and extra strength during the hit. You can make some amazing hits with this bat because it has some huge sweet spots allowing you to catch that ball right in place.
It might be a bit expensive but your daughter’s game will improve in just a few games. We say it’s worth it!
2. [Slowpitch Bat] Miken Izzy Psycho Supermax USSSA Slowpitch Softball Bat
This bat is specially designed for power hitters. Made of premium materials, it is durable and fitted for high performance games. You don’t need to put all your power into the swing as the bat does a lot of the hard work. It will add distance to your hits but it feels a bit heavy for the start but it will adapt in your hands.
This is not a bat for beginners; it’s a bat for player looking to make performance. It won’t forgive you if your swing is wrong like other bats do as the sweet spot is really small.
The bat made for performance in the game which features:
- super maximum Endload
- stiff handle especially designed for power hitters
- unmatched durability and easy to break in (almost 100 hits according to people who bought it)
If you’ve been playing for a while and you feel the need for a challenge, this is the best softball bat for you. Some bats need some time to adjust to their owner and you need some time to feel their weight and balance but this one goes from the wrapper right into the game. It will challenge you to make your swing just right in order to hit the ball like a pro does. You may need some time to adjust to its small sweet spot but you’ll feel amazing when you’ll get it right.
According to slow pitch softball bat reviews from people who use this bat, it is not forgiving. The sweet spot is small which forces you to improve your game. After a few days of practice you will be able to tell if this is the bat that will take up to the next level or performance.
This is one of the best slow pitch softball bats that you could purchase at an affordable price in your way to professional softball. If you dream at being a star, this bat is the first step to eternal glory.
3. [Fastpitch Bat] Easton FP14MK MAKO 2-Piece Composite Fastpitch Softball Bat
This bat could be the answer to the question “what is the best fastpitch softball bat of all time?”. Thin and light, this is the perfect bat for a little girl with a great passion for softball. The bat features the following:
- Two piece design made from composite material
- An extra long barrel for better hits and extra speed
- Massive sweet spot due to the TCT Thermo Composite Technology
- Amazing feel in your hands
- Ultra thin composite handle that can easily fit in the hands of a little girl
- Certified by several Leagues
This bat was designed for a maximum flexibility on contact which allows your daughter to send those balls farther away. If your daughter is small and frail then this is the perfect bat for her. You will see the difference right away and because of the huge sweet spot it doesn’t need a lot of practice before you get to know each other. The price may be a little steep but it’s worth it.
Best Fastpitch Softball Bats of 2014
1. DeMarini 2014 CF6 WTDXCFS Fastpitch Softball Bat
The DeMarini CF6 is one of the best fastpitch softball bats on the market for little ones in the past 2014. The bat has a Paradox Composite handle and barrel which helps boosting the hit. This bat will be perfect for your little athletes back home who just discovered how fun it is to hit the ball with a stick.
You know that your kid would love such an amazing gift and they will be thankful forever. Just imagine his or her little face lighting up as you get this beauty out to the light. They will be absolutely ecstatic!
Most kids I know use average bats for practice and for the game. Wouldn’t be amazing for your child to be able to play with a real bat during the games and show what’s capable of? This bat is net superior to any average bat they have been using up to now. It will also help to improve your child’s batting average and field confidence. You feel more confident knowing that your bat can do some of the work in the hit.
With a perfectly balanced weight, many users find it to be light and capable of great swings. This may be the bat that will take your child to the highest peaks of glory and, who knows, maybe even into professional softball playing. READ OUR REVIEW
2. DeMarini CF5 Fastpitch Softball Bat (-10)
One of the best fastpitch softball bats at the moment, the DeMarini CF5 has the following features:
- Composite material and great strength
- A revolutionary two piece hitting system that allows you to hit without feeling the vibrations of the hit
- Clutch End Cap for exclusive use with DeMarini barrels. These Clutch End Caps were designed to return impact energy straight to the barrel to add extra pop to the hit
- Optimal balance
The DeMarini CF5 is considered to be the queen of its series due to increased balance and force that can make you the best player in your team. People who purchased this bat consider it to be amazing especially for little girls who don’t have that much power in the hit. The bat takes over and increases the power of the bat allowing your children to hit that ball further away.
This is the perfect bat if you want your daughter to improve her game and climb the ladder to fame.
3. Louisville Slugger 2014 Xeno FPXN14 Softball Bat
This is another top of the line bat for children who love playing softball in their free time. The length to weight ratio is 10 and the barrel diameter is 2-1/4”. Given the fact that this is a bat for children, it has thinner walls and it is lighter but it provides a bigger pop.
The bat is approved for play in ASA, USSSA, ISA, ISF and NSA.
Users that have tried the new Xeno bat absolutely love it in their kids’ hands. They praise in its durability and amazing pop and apparently it’s their best favorite in all the best softball bats.
Your child would be more than lucky to get such a bat at this age. It will help him or her realize how extraordinarily beautiful softball is and how the right bat can change your game play in better. READ OUR REVIEW
4. Louisville Slugger 2014 Lxt Comp -10 Fastpitch Softball Bat (-10)
Light and durable due to the Pure 360 Composite technology used to make the barrel. There are a few layers of thin and high-strength graphite fibers put together to provide a better durability and a lighter feel. The bat also features a dramatic reduction of vibrations due to the strong link between the barrel and the handle.
This bat is a bit more special than other bats because it has a 3 piece design for an exceptional feel. The barrel flexibility is great and sweet spots are massive so any kid could hit the ball. A girl with a bit of talent at softball will manage to make a great game using this amazing bat.
The bat is definitely not cheap but it’s worth every cent. You’ll see your daughter evolve on the field and if she hit singles by now she’ll move on to hitting doubles and triples in no time.
5. Easton FP13S3 Fs3 1-Pc Composite-11.5 Fastpitch Softball Bat
Another great bat that we consider fit for any girl that is passionate of softball. Features include:
- Increased balance and bat control due to the Single System Technology they used
- Composite barrel which gives a great sweet spot for an increase in performance
- Composite handle with performance diamond grip that is fit for smaller hands
- Improves the player’s swing speed and performance due to an evenly balanced design
- Certified by most Leagues
This is also one of the best bats that your kid could have. The pop is fantastic and it doesn’t need that much practice in order to get used to it. It’s great for both young girls and older girls. For young girls is great especially because it has an ultra thin handle which makes it fit better in smaller hands. The balance and great pop makes it good for older girls who need a bit of extra strength in their game.
Best Slow Pitch Softball Bats of 2014
1. Miken Psycho ASA Composite Slowpitch One Piece Maxload Softball Bat
The Miken Psycho ASA is a bat that offers an extra Endload for more power so it’s not recommended for beginners or players who need an even weight to make a good swing.
The bat offers a large sweet spot, maximum durability and performance for the right player. Professional players are happy with the way this bat behaves during the swing and the hit. The swing is perfect and the hit is hard. It is also very durable and it will look like new even at over 500 hits. This amazing bat features:
- A change of performance in the game due to premium materials used to produce it
- It’s part of a high performance series
This is the type of bat that will take your game to the next level. Still if you don’t know how to break it in then don’t expect to get much out of it. This bat needs to be worked hard before allowing you to enjoy the benefits it brings into your game. Definitely one of the best slow pitch softball bats of the moment!
This is one of the best slowpitch softball bats for the player looking for more power, endurance and confidence in his game. It is the bat that will take you to new peaks of softball and it will impress all your team mates. Everyone will want to swing it!
If professional players say that you won’t be disappointed then you most definitely won’t be. READ OUR REVIEW
2. DeMarini F5 Slowpitch Softball Bat
The DeMarini bats are well known for their high quality and attention to details. The DeMarini F5 is a revolutionary bat. There were gathered a few technologies designed to help players hit stronger and further. For example:
- The Composite material weave helps in creating a big trampoline effect
- X10 Double Barrel Wall technology for an extra springboard effect
- C6 Composite Handle for a maximum handle performance in the hands of the player
- A maximum sweet spot with strong (yet thinnest) aluminum walls
- N2M End Cap is provides a new technology that allows the barrel to absorb vibration while maximizing the hit power
Most slow pitch softball bat reviews for this bat are positive and people love it for its great pop and the fact that it doesn’t need much break in. You can star with it in a game just after a few practice hits! The bat has a big contact area and the biggest sweet spot you can imagine on a bat.
3. DeMarini Flipper Slow Pitch Bat
This bat was created for powerful hitters who absolutely love to mash that ball. The new Improved Divergence Technology used on this DeMarini bat extends the sweet spot horizontally around the barrel which gives you greater chance to hit the ball just right.
This is the best slowpitch softball bat to enhance your game as fast as possible. It is not recommended for beginners though and if you don’t like stiff bats it’s better to move on to something else. They are created for strong players who like to mash the ball when the bat hits it.
4. Miken Ultra II SSUSA Bat
This is one of the best slowpitch softball bats that a senior softball player could own. It might be a bit expensive but the quality and performance improvement it brings in your life are unmatched by anything else.
The people at Miken used the Miken’s E-Flex Ultra Technology to maximize performance with this bat. They managed to give it a great sweet spot due to the new technologies they used. The bat is 100% made out of composite materials and is illegal in all leagues that are not for seniors.
The bat is made for professionals only and it offers you an amazing pop as soon as you get it on the field. You will feel the difference from the first time you hit the ball with it.
According to slowpitch softball bat reviews that players made for this bat you are offered competitiveness, performance and the possibility to make a great game after just a few things. And all of these come in one bat!
5. Reebok 2011 Melee Legend Max 34-Inch Sr. League Slow Pitch Bat
One of the best slowpitch softball bats in 2014, the Reebok 2011 Melee Legend features the following:
- A very good end load weight for a professional swing
- Amazing performance and durability brought in by the composite materials and technology of construction
- Reebok built their own handle which provides a plus of comfort an control over the bat
- Very strong and designed for power hitters
The design, building technique and materials make this bat one of the greatest you could own. It may be a bit expensive but, as a professional player, you already know that high quality comes with a price in softball. Anyways, the bat is worth every cent.
6. Louisville Slugger 2012 TPS Warrior Slow Pitch Softball Bat
This is a more forgiving bat, designed to boost your game and performance. This is the type of bat you need to get prepared for the bats we reviewed up until now. The sweet spot is big and long adding power to your hit.
- 12 inch barrel and end cap
- synthetic grip and a standard handle
- ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISF, and ISA approved
Types of softball bats
The type of the bat is determined by the material it’s made of and the best softball bats of 2014 are made from two materials: composite and aluminum. The type you choose is entirely up to you because no one can say, with strong arguments, that one is better than the other.
- Aluminum bats are usually single-walled (of course that there are aluminum double-walled bats too) and, as the name says, are made of aluminum or aluminum alloy. Also they have a thicker padding on the grip to protect the player’s hands. Players who prefer this type of bats consider them to be faster and to maximize the trampoline effect. They are also easier to swing and the weight distribution is more even making the batter feel more in control.
Aluminum bats are usually used to train younger players because they are easier to manipulate and use. They also have more sweet spots but they are not as durable as composite bats.
Double-walled aluminum bats are stronger and more durable as the ball rebounds with more authority off the bat.
- Composite bats are usually made from a mixture of carbon fiber and graphite and some of them even have an aluminum core inside the graphite. These materials offer better elastic properties which help in vibration reduction and reducing the stinging sensation players experience when the ball doesn’t hit the sweet spot.
A composite bat can also help you obtain a better trampoline effect.
Most bats created for performance players are made of composite material because the materials used in composition offer more control on the bat’s properties. Composite bats have a flexible handle, a larger sweet spot and a larger barrel which makes them better to use in a more serious competition. Producers always try to add a better grip in order to make the bat feel more natural in the player’s hands and thus offer more confidence on the field.
Regardless which type you choose, you must know that your bat is one of the best softball bats for you.
Advantages of using the right bat
- The bat is your body extension. When you’re in the field, following the ball, your bat becomes part of your body. The right bat won’t feel different in your hands, it will feel just right.
- You want to be a star some day. You don’t need the best softball bat in the world to become a star. You need the right bat for you. If you found it then you are on the right track.
- You care about your fans and you want to show them how good you are with the swings. The bat decides if your swing ends gloriously hitting the ball or just goes right by it.
How to choose the best bat out of the best softball bats
When choosing for the best softball bat you also have to respect performance regulations set by the US Specialty Softball Association. These regulations require the following:
- A bat must be no longer than 34 inches and no heavier than 31oz.
- The bat grip can be maximum 10 inches long.
- The bat material can be wooden, metal, composite materials or aluminum.
- The bat can have a performance factor of 1.20 or less.
Now that we went pass the regulations, the right softball bat must feel right; with a big accent on feel. When you grasp that bat in your hands you have to know that this is the right one for you. If it feels too heavy or off balance then it’s too long. You can have the best softball bats in the world; if none of them fits you then you have no bat. The rule is simple: the bat fits you, you don’t have to fit the bat.
When you choose the right bat, make sure that it is ASA approved otherwise you won’t be able to use it. All approved bats have a certified stamp on the barrel. There is also a list of banned bats so make sure you don’t buy one of those.
Who needs a softball bat?
The simple and obvious answer would be: a softball player. The passion for softball usually starts from when you are a kid. You want to feel that thrill waiting for the ball to hit your bat exactly where it has to so you can send if off the face of the Earth. You want to make that perfect hit and you like the sound the ball makes when it hits the bat. These are the first moments when you realize you are passionate and you want to play.
As a parent this is both a moment of pride and joy and one of worry. Bats these days are pretty expensive but where there’s passion, there’s always a way. Still, there are many types of bats out there and they all vary in size, material and price. As a parent with children into softball, you’ll start feeling the price difference when they reach the 12U. For kids playing recreational softball, the prices are affordable and it really doesn’t matter the type of bat your kid uses, just to be the right fit.
Everything changes when your child advances and he or she will need a certain type of bat, from a certain material. Most leagues prefer composite bats over the aluminum ones. They consider composite bats to be best because they allow players to hit the ball harder and farther and offer a greater pop and greater durability.
In conclusion, the perfect client for the best softball bat is a passionate softball player or aspiring player.
The Articles You May Also Like:
- Best Softball Bats for 2016
- Best Fastpitch Softball Bats
- Bes Slow Pitch Softball Bats
- Best Youth Baseball Bats
- Best BBCOR Baseball Bats